Welcome to our Musical web page!
This is where you will be able to access all the information you will need to know about the 2017 Primary Musical.
Please check the Correspondence & Weekly Updates tab regularly for all details on rehearsals and day camps.
Thank you to our sponsors, Ivory Palms Resort Noosaville, PK's Cafe and Bar Noosaville, Sunshine Beach Real Estate, AVEO and Amanda Cole Voice and Performance Coach, for your wonderful support of our Primary Musical
Friday 4 August - Update
Good afternoon Musical Families,
Can you believe we have only six sleeps to go?!
It certainly has been a big week and the children are still bringing enthusiasm and joy; you do get the sense that it's all coming together perfectly.
As we begin our last week, I’d like to remind you of the things we need to do this SATURDAY and also ask for some help.
- This Saturday's rehearsal is a full dress rehearsal, 8am-3pm. All children are expected at rehearsals at 8 am. Can all children please where their Chitty Chitty Bang Bang shirts and bring all the costumes (including correct shoes and socks) they still have at home.
- Girls, please wear your tank top and bike pants; and boys, undergarments you feel comfortable in, as we will be changing in and out of costumes. Boys and girls will be separate.
- We are spending the first hour practising getting in and out of our costumes. With this being the largest cast we have had for production, we really need to practise dressing, undressing, keeping everything neat, hanging everything back up and most importantly putting our costumes on, so it looks great on stage. So many people have spent a long time making the costumes look fantastic and I don't want to waste that effort with the children not wearing the costumes correctly.
- If you have an hour (and possibly a bit longer on Saturday) I would be so grateful if you could come and help us help the children. I would like as many parents as possible to come and listen to what the process is, show the children how to care for the costumes and show them how to wear them correctly. I would be very grateful for your time, but do ask that if you are coming, you are not coming to just dress your child but to help with a small group of children. If we can get the children to help themselves and each other that will cut down on the people needed on the production nights. My wish is that the children can be self-managed and help each other, primarily because of space issues at the J! After Saturday we will be able to see more clearly what we need for the performance nights and maybe asking for some more help on those nights.
- The children will change back into their Chitty Chitty Bang Bang t-shirt to go home and all costumes will be left in their bags and taken to the J.
- Children will NOT have to wear make up on Saturday but I would like them to do the hairstyles they are thinking of doing, so we can see how it looks on stage.
- If anybody has any wooden baskets with handles on them you could loan us, I need six more!
- I am also after a lace tablecloth
- I will be handing out a letter (attached to this email) to your children today about acting and behaviour at the J. If you could go through this with your child, it would be greatly appreciated.
- Below is the message I will be reiterating at today’s rehearsal and appreciate if you could also reinforce this at home, I know teamwork will make the dream work (I’m even quoting Chitty now!)
I know we are going to have a great rehearsal but we need plenty of patience, positivity and hard work to pull this all off on Saturday. Please ensure you rest well tonight and come along ready to perform!! We will be running the show WITHOUT stopping, so before you come on Saturday, think about everything YOU need to do, to wear and to bring on stage. Let’s work together to make this amazing.
Thanks as always for your support,
17 March 2017 - Week 8 Update