Dear Prep- Year 2 families,
The Prep – Year 2 Cross Country Carnival will be held on Thursday 7th September. The event starts at 8.45am and will finish around 10am and will take place on the College oval and grounds.
The aims of the day are as follows:
1. To foster our school culture of participation and support of others.
2. To promote running as a fun healthy exercise in a non-competitive environment.
3. To contribute to the promotion of adopting long term active healthy lifestyles.
In preparation for the day, in PE lessons we have focused on a number of wonderful aspects to participating:
1. The importance of participating for fun.
2. The importance of achieving something for yourself.
3. The importance of competing and sharing with your house.
Hopefully all children will gain a real sense of achievement at the completion of their run. Children will be running on a course designed to be suitably challenging for this age group, as well as being safe and spectator friendly, so that all the children can be seen for the majority of the course.
Children will require their house shirt, sports hat and water bottle. Fresh fruit will be provided to all children after their event. Boost Juice will also be there with drinks available for purchase.
Order of events:
9am Year 1 – 600 meters
9.20am Prep – 600 metres
9.35am Year 2 – 1200 metres
In the last few PE lessons, students have been preparing for the event. Next term we will be promoting the Noosa Kids Triathlon and there will be a number of sessions to assist students prepare for the Kids Triathlon. More information will follow We look forward to seeing many parents at the carnival supporting and encouraging the efforts of all the children. If you have any concerns please do not hesitate to contact us at the Sports Office on 5471 5448.
Director of Sport