Secondary House Cross Country Carnival
I am writing to invite you to the Year 7-12 Secondary House Cross Country on Tuesday 27th March from 12pm – 3pm.
All Year 7 – 12 students will compete from 12pm - 3pm
Secondary Carnival outline – all events are 3km
12pm - assemble and welcome on the Secondary oval.
12.15pm -12 years Boys
12.25pm -12 years Girls
12.40pm -13 years Boys
12.50pm -13 years Girls
1.10pm - 14 years Boys
1.20pm - 14 years Girls
1.30pm - 15 years Boys
1.40pm - 15 years Girls
1.50pm - 16 years Boys
2pm - 16 years Girls
2.15pm - Open Boys and Girls
Secondary Presentations at 2.45pm
The aims of the day are as follows:
1. To promote running as a fun, healthy exercise in a competitive environment.
2. To contribute to the promotion of adopting long term active healthy lifestyles.
3. To establish our Age Champions for 2018 and Champion House for 2018
4. The House Duck will be awarded to the House with the highest percentage participation.
5. To select a College Cross Country Team that will compete at two events:
· The Queensland All Schools Championships on Saturday 5th May
· The Independent District Carnival on Wednesday 9th May
What to wear and bring?
Students are required to wear their House sports shirts and College sport shorts to and from College on the day and bring their sports hat, water bottle and light snack for the completion of the race (no spiked shoes may be worn).
College Cross Country Team
From the College event a Cross Country team will be selected to compete for the College. The College has had amazing success at this event over the last few years and again we are looking to do well this year. Every effort is made to ensure that the College select the best Cross Country Team. Students who finish in the top 5 in their event are not automatically guaranteed a spot in the team as consideration is given to students who are injured, sick or attending a school-based activity.
Map of the course
I look forward to a wonderful day and hope to see many of you there.